With over 150 years of experience, Saint Joseph’s offers a wide variety of curriculum to foster excellence in education and success beyond graduation. While its campus is home to 4,200 full-time undergraduates and 3,100 graduate, part-time and doctoral candidates in the Philadelphia area, Saint Joseph also offers an extensive online program for various specialized Master’s degrees and certificates.
Why Choose Saint Joseph’s University?
SJU’s online program upholds the high educational standards the college was founded on while providing a flexible learning environment designed for the modern scholar. SJU’s strong liberal arts foundation has consistently promoted the core principles of tolerance, compassion, and social justice.
SJU incorporates innovative technologies to create highly accessible online programs to accommodate the busy schedules of working professionals. While students can benefit from the flexibilities of online degrees, quality is not sacrificed. The virtual classroom is highly structured and students are required to maintain regular contact with their professors, complete assignments on time, and participate in online discussion boards. Student Services Coordinators are available to all students as well as 24/7 technical support.
SJU, including their online program, is Regionally Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, which is the highest level of accreditation for a traditional college or university. In 2010, SJU was nationally recognized by the U.S. News & World Report as one of the top 15 master’s universities in the north for the 12th consecutive year. In addition, Saint Joseph’s University’s Erivan K. Haub School of Business has received numerous accreditations and awards from prestigious organizations such as Princeton Review and The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. SJU’s national recognition continues to attract highly qualified faculty and promising students from all walks of life.
Master’s in Criminal Justice Program
The Online Criminal Justice Master’s Program is designed to prepare students for the world of traditional law enforcement. The program offers a wide breadth of career choices including the fields of corrections, courts, police, and probation at the local, state, and federal level.
The Master’s program has been tailored to offer Degree Specializations in the following fields:
- After 9/11, Homeland Security has increasingly become an integral part of our nation’s ability to protect its citizens. Graduates gain an appreciable understanding of national security and what it takes to protect our nation against terrorist threats.
- For careers in behavioral management services, including behavior specialists, mobile therapists, educational consultants, speech-language pathologists, school counselors, social workers, criminal justice professionals, and human service professionals
- The Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) has approved the behavior analysis coursework offered by SJU to meet the coursework required for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Examination. Applicants will need to meet additional internship requirements outside the online program.
The degree requires 30 credit hours including four core courses and the rest in selected concentrations, including Homeland Security, Behavior Analysis, and other electives. The four core courses are the following:
- Research Methods and Analysis
- Criminological Theory
- Ethics and Criminal Justice
- Professional Writing for Law Enforcement